Temporary Registration

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one, you can receive treatment from any local GP practice for up to three months.  If you are to be in the area longer than three months, you will need to register with a practice.

To register as a temporary patient, in the first instance, simply contact the local practice you wish to use. They do not have to accept you as a temporary patient but will try to accommodate wherever possible.  You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website