Clinics & Services
All GP Practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child Health Surveillance and routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting and Vaccination Teams
- Contraceptive services, including IUCD, Mirena and Implanon insertion
- Maternity services, together with the midwives from Ninewells Hospital
- Cervical Smears
We also hold contracts with Tayside NHS Board for the following “enhanced services”:
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Minor Surgery
- Annual Influenza Immunisation Programme to protect the elderly and at risk
We encourage patients to share responsibility for their health, both in preventing disease and in treating existing disease. Prevention really is better than cure. Some diseases may be prevented by a healthy lifestyle and without the need for drugs.
The following clinics are available at the surgery:
Coronary Heart Disease
Childhood screening & immunisation